Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Valentine Cards

 
My focus on these new cards that I created was to use the Stamps of Life (AKA...TSOL) January 2015 card kit in the theme of "Happy".  I used one of the designer papers and embellished it a bit with the stamps from the kit (I also used other sets of TSOL stamps) and embossing powder while keeping the theme of Valentines in mind.  So I ended up with a cute background with arrows saying "Sweetheart, I have a crush on you" and another red background that has "love this".  After that, all the card stocks from previous kits were fair game (pink, black, white, and red were my choices).  BTW, Stephanies cardstocks are awesome!  I don't have any foil-type paper but I do have a pretty good collection of shimmery ribbons from the holidays and decided to test it to see how well it would look on cards these cards.  I'm sooo happy to find that they work awesome!  I ran it through my mini Xyron sticker makers and now have a new thing to add to my card making embellishments.  Love it!  I ended up making 5 cards altogether that morning.  All the stamps used in these cards are from Stephanie Barnard's TSOL collection.  
 






No comments:

Post a Comment